Jaganoo is a historical town located at a distance of about 12 kilometres near the bank of the Tawi river to the east of Udhampur district headquarters. The geographical location of this ancient town is 32.34 latitude and 39.30 longitude.
Before 1920, it was the largest town in Tehsil Udhampur and it had more than a hundred shops. But after 1920 when Jammu & Kashmir highway came into existence during the reign of Partap Singh, this ancient town lost its importance and a large no. of traders shifted their business to Udhampur.